Price: 400 – 900 baht (adults)
At Your Thai Guide we can also arrange tours that are suitable for the whole family! Bangkok is home to some world class theme-parks and family attractions so let us show you one of our favourites, Safari World. There’re some excellent things to see and do here, and experiences that you won’t find anywhere else!
Take a drive through open savannah on a safari, see a dolphin show, or watch the oh-so-cute orangutan ‘boxing’ show. The different sections of Safari World have something for everyone.
Highlights of Safari World
Safari Park – An eight-kilometre drive lasting 45 minutes will take you through this amazing park featuring hundreds of animals like lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes and ostriches. Witness the feeding show and admire the power of the tigers and lions as they are fed. Here you will also see the massive Himalayan black bears lounging around in the sun as if in their natural environment.
Marine Park – The second major section of the park is more like a traditional zoo and theme park and holds most of the remaining attractions.
- Sealion Show – These friendly and funny sealions turn sleepy Lighthouse Cove into a colourful display. The mischievous sealions play tricks and wreak havoc in an entertaining and engaging show.
- Jungle Cruise – Take a classic log ride down the exciting water flume through a reed filled land of crocodiles, head-hunters and gorillas with something exciting at every turn.
- Hollywood Cowboy Stunt Show – Yeehah cowboy! Stunt performers will wow you with a fun-filled rock-em sock-em show filled with amazing stunts, explosions and a fun-filled wild goose chase sure to please.
- Dolphin Show – This exhilarating show demonstrates just how intelligent and graceful dolphins can be. You’ll have the opportunity to get up close the dolphins and maybe get a dolphin kiss or shake hands.
- Bird Show – All kinds of birds put on a choreographed show with talking parrots and macaws performing tricks.
- Jungle Walk/Safari Terrace – The giraffe feeding platform is here and you can hand-feed bananas to the giraffes. Maybe you’ll even get a friendly lick from their impossibly long tongues! This is definitely a photo opportunity you won’t find in many places!
- Orangutan Boxing – Our closest primate cousins demonstrate their intelligent and funny way of life in one of the cutest shows you’ll ever see.
- Eggs World – More of an education centre, Eggs World features… you guessed it… eggs. Eggs of all kinds of animals are on display here and makes a great learning respite. Ask your guide if they think this will suit your visit.
- Spy War – this one is a little bit out of place but reflects the theme-park aspirations of the zoo. A high-octane spy show plays out amid huge explosions at a frenetic tempo.
In amongst everything to see and do there are two restaurant options within the park to satiate your hunger. The Jungle Cruise and Safari restaurants offer buffet meal options. There’s also two fast food outlets and a range of carts dotted throughout the park for when hunger strikes during the day. This means you can have a self-contained day out at Safari World without worrying about where to eat and drink.
Ask your guide to set you up with an itinerary that will make the most of your time at Safari World and leave space to visit the souvenir shop!
It’s probably best to allow an entire day to explore Safari World so ask us for the best way to include Safari World into a bigger day tour or multi-day tour.
Entry prices can be separate or combined.
- Safari World: Adults – 400 Baht. Children – 300 Baht
- Marine Park: Adults – 700 Baht. Children – 450 Baht
- Combined: Adults – 900 Baht. Children – 550 Baht
Safari World is open every day from 9am to 5pm and is situated at 99 Panyaintra Road, Samwatawantok, Klongsamwa. Because of the distance from the city, getting a taxi is best, especially if you have kids. We can help you to arrange transport. If that seems too expensive, take a number 26 bus from Victory Monument which will take you to kilometre nine of Ram Indra Road. From there you can get a mini-bus service to Safari World.
This attraction is a bit further out of the city and is worth allowing the entire day to wander around and enjoy Safari World in a leisurely way. Arrive early to see the animals at their most active and get the best seats for all the shows. Your Thai Guide can take you there.