Your Thai Guide would like to offer this unique opportunity to learn to cook home style Thai food with Mama Aree. This Thai mother is not a 5-star Michelin chef, nor does she operate a restaurant, but what she does have is more than 40 years experience cooking Thai food for her beloved husband, children, and friends. All of Mama Aree’s ‘customers’ agree that her food is authentic and delicious.
Thai Cooking Class with real Thai Mum includes:
- A private, one-on-one cooking class with Mama Aree at her home
- You pick 3 menu items from the list below that you want to learn to cook
- You will learn recipes that you can actually go back home and cook
- You can eat the food that you cook at Mama Aree’s house
- Mama Aree will teach you everything, from the first chop until the last bite
- Refreshing cold drinks
- A visit to the local fresh market (if requested)
Cooking Class with real Thai Mum Menu:
- Khao Pad – Fried rice with pork or chicken
- Krapow Moo or Kai – Chicken or pork stir-fried with basil
- Paneng Curry – Red curry with chicken or pork
- Gang Keaw Wan – Green curry with chicken or pork
- Moo Kra Tieam – Garlic and pepper pork
- Larb – Minced pork or chicken spicy Thai style salad
- Tom Yum Goong – Hot soup with prawn, chicken or pork
- Tom Khaa Kai – Chicken coconut soup with herbs
- Moo Pad Khing – Pork or chicken stir-fried with ginger
- Moo Ping – Marinated grilled pork
- Por Piea Dtod – Spring rolls
Please read our price and terms carefully:
Fee for the Thai Cooking Class with Thai Mum is 2,000 Thai Baht per person. Fee for children under the age of 12 is 1,500 Thai Baht per person. This price is in addition to guide fees. Mama Aree can speak a little bit of English so your private tour guide will be your personal translator during the cooking class, sharing all of Mama Aree’s kitchen secrets with you.
The Thai Cooking Class with Mama Aree starts and finishes around 1pm-3pm and can easily be combined with other tour programs or attraction that you want to visit in Bangkok. Please contact us in advance as Mama Aree will open her house for this class by appointment only, from Monday to Saturday.
If you have small children and wish to have them take part with this course please do let us know so we can adjust the course to be more suitable for children. Please let us know of any food allergies you have when booking this cooking class.
The Thai Cooking Class with Mama Aree must be booked in advance and 100% payment up front is required. All fees for the Thai Cooking Class with Mama Aree are NON-Refundable.